Having a wonderful breakfast is the key to a wonderful morning in turn becomes a wonderful day.
Studies show that eating a healthy breakfast (as opposed to the kind containing doughnuts) can help give you:
- A more nutritionally complete diet, higher in nutrients, vitamins and minerals
- Improved concentration and performance in the classroom or the boardroom
- More strength and endurance to engage in physical activity
- Lower cholesterol levels
Eating breakfast is important for everyone, but is especially so for children and adolescents. According to the American Dietetic Association, children who eat breakfast perform better in the classroom and on the playground, with better concentration, problem-solving skills, and eye-hand coordination.
Yoga is my Friday favorite because There are many types of yoga, from the peaceful hatha to the high-intensity power yoga. All types take your workout to a level of mind-body connection. It can help you relax and focus while gaining flexibility and strength. Yoga can also boost your mood.
There are more than 100 different forms of yoga. Some are fast-paced and intense. Others are gentle and relaxing.
Examples of different yoga forms include:
- Hatha. The form most often associated with yoga, it combines a series of basic movements with breathing.
- Vinyasa. A series of poses that flow smoothly into one another.
- Power. A faster, higher-intensity practice that builds muscle.
- Ashtanga. A series of poses, combined with a special breathing technique.
- Bikram. Also known as “hot yoga,” it’s a series of 26 challenging poses performed in a room heated to a high temperature.
- Iyengar. A type of yoga that uses props like blocks, straps, and chairs to help you move your body into the proper alignment.
Enjoying a concert with your family or friends is a wonderful day or night to spend the day or Friday. Go outside and bring your blanket, food, and wine an just have a wonderful time in each other company.