Its a new day & new year and I am ready for a change in my life and with my body. I didn’t know how I was going to write my story or journey out as I start on this new path but I want to be open and honest as I transform my body and life. I weighted in at 210 pounds and I was not happy with my body, the lack of strength I have everyday, and the problems that comes with the extreme weight gain.
So, I decided on two ways I can change my body and that is a vegan diet and a intermittent fast. I want to be meat free, cut out processed junk food, fast food, and lessen my sugar and carbohydrates intake.
What is a Vegan Diet?
Veganism is defined as a way of living that attempts to exclude all forms of animal exploitation and cruelty, whether for food, clothing or any other purpose.
Vegan diet is devoid all animal products, including meat, eggs, and diary.
What Foods to Void on a Vegan Diet
- Meat and poultry: Beef, lamb, pork, veal, horse, organ meat, wild meat, chicken, turkey, goose, duck, quail, etc.
- Fish and seafood: All types of fish, anchovies, shrimp, squid, scallops, calamari, mussel, crab, lobster, etc.
- Dairy: Milk, yogurt, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream, etc.
- Eggs: From chickens, quails, ostriches, fish, etc.
- Bee products: Honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, etc.
- Animal-based ingredients: Whey, casein, lactose, egg white albumen, gelatin, cochineal or carmine, isinglass, shellac, L-cysteine, animal-derived vitamin D3 and fish-derived omega-3 fatty acids.
What Foods to Eat on a Vegan Diet
- Tofu, tempeh and seitan
- Legumes: Foods such as beans, lentils, and peas are excellent sources of nutrients.
- Nuts and Nut butters
- Seeds: Especially hemp, chia, and flaxseeds
- Calcium-fortified plant milks and yogurts: These alternatives help you get your dietary calcium intake.
- Algae: Spirulina and Chlorella are good sources of protein
- Nutritional Yeast: Increase the protein content of vegan dishes and add on interesting cheesy flavor. Pick vitamin B12-fortified varieties whenever possible.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Both are a great food to increase your nutrient intake.
Being overweight came from having my 4 kids but my last 3 kids made it officially made the weight gain noticeable and double. I am tired of being overweight and I am always feeling sleepy, unmotivated about almost everything, and just want to stay in the house. I got myself in a rut after my 4th child was born where I gain so much extra weight that I wasn’t used to my new body. In result of that my self esteem took a big hit. Everyday I would tell myself that I am going to get up and start walking, eating right, and cutting out everything that is holding me back from losing weight and being a better person for myself and my kids. I just needed a new overhaul on my life and I had to change my mindset and get out of this rut I put myself in and nobody can pull you out of that state until you are ready to be pulled out. I was able to move forward when I prayed about my situation and said to myself enough is a enough; I am ready to lose this baby weight and stop making excuses of why I can’t lose it.
If you like to see my journey hit the subscribe button and like button to keep up-to-date progress reports, what I ate in a day, and weight in’s and pictures.
Here is me at 210 pounds