Hello everyone, Welcome back to my Blog! I came to give you a quick update on my progress with my weight loss journey. I have been losing some weight and I feel great every morning when I step on that scale and see my decrease in size. I have moved from only a Vegan diet and Intermittent Fast to being a Vegan Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting.
A Vegan Ketogenic Diet is a low-carb high-fat diet regimen that offers a variety of health benefits. The process causes your body to enter the metabolic state of Ketosis. When Ketosis is the main source of energy for your body it can trigger excellent benefits for your body like reduced appetite, increase metabolism , enhanced cognitive functions, energy, better sleep, reduce glucose levels and improve body’s resistance to insulin.
It was getting daunting planning meals around counting carbs, fats, and protein. The main step involved with a Vegan Ketogenic diet are:
- Avoid all meat, fish, poultry and diary.
- Restrict net carbs to 30- 50g per day if you are going vegan and not the recommend 5-10g per day.
- Consume at least 0.4g-0.6g of plant-based protein per pound of bodyweight per day. I recommend 15-20g per day.
- Get the rest of your nutrients from plants-based fats about 70-75%.
- Supplement to fill any potential nutrients gaps (vitamin B12, iron, zinc for example).
Cut out these Carbs
- Sugar-sweetened beverages
- White bread
- White rice
- White flour
- Sweet potatoes
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Potatoe chips
- French Fries
Foods to eat
- Brussel sprouts
- Peppers (red, green, and yellow)
- Green beans
I have lost 10 lbs so far in my Weight Loss Journey
Let me know what is your goals this week and let’s keep each other accountable. Subscribe and Like the blog to keep up on the updates and much more.
Thank you for your support.